Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Very Busy Day!

We were awfully busy in our classroom today! We learned how to unpack our backpack, get out our folder and order lunch. Tomorrow, we will learn how to sign in (to practice writing our name). Some of us even had jobs on the job board today. We got our "supplies" which included crayons, pencil and a name card (to help us practice our first name and last name. We even read a book called "The School". Each of us got to color it in and store it in our very own "Browsing Box". I will explain more about browsing boxes at parent night in a few weeks. We also worked in small groups building our names with magnetic letters, learning about the book center and listening to a story on our wireless headphones. Phew! I am just tired thinking about it... I wonder if your children were tired when they got home. Just think, it is only the second day of Kindergarten.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting us know what you did. When I ask I always get "I don't remember". With a little prompting I do get some details but it takes work. It is good to know what they did because then we can ask more pointed questions.

    ReplyDelete