Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2014

Maybe my resolution should have been to put more on the blog.  Unfortunately, as I told the kids it was actually to be better organized.  Teaching First Grade after being in Kindergarten for 10 years was a big switch. I feel like I am always forgetting my camera during those perfect picture moments. 

We have lots going on in the classroom.  I connected with a classroom in Missouri who was getting seat balls.  The teacher and I have been emailing quite a bit and decided to have the classrooms meet.  Through the wonders of modern technology, we had a Skype call with them.  We learned that they are a First and Second grade combination classroom with 22 students- just like us.  The kids had lots of questions to ask and Mrs. Cantrell's class had many questions for us.  We are going to pen pal with them, but first we are writing autobiographies to send them. 

Here is their blog if you want to see it.   http://cantrellsclassroom.blogspot.com/

We also did a great art/writing piece about how to catch a snowflake:





No comments:

Post a Comment