Thursday, October 10, 2013

Great News!

I joined Adopt A Classroom because my cousin who also is a teacher told me she had been "adopted" and got to shop for school supplies.  I really didn't know what to expect but signed up at the beginning of the year. 

Amazing! Thanks to The Coach Company at the Northshore Mall, we now have a lot of money to spend for our classroom.  I don't know how to thank them enough- well besides having the kids write thank you cards! 


I will keep you updated as to what we are going to get.  I am hoping for a new piece of technology as well as a subscription to Scholastic News and a Deluxe Whisperphone for Guided Reading time.

 What is a Whisperphone you ask?  It allows the kids to read softly and hear themselves read.  The deluxe model is for me during small group instruction.  Everyone reads the book, but I can turn the dial to hear different readers.  The best part- the kids don't know which of them I am listening to.
I will keep you informed once I order all our new fantastic things for the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment